MUSC Children's Health Eating Disorders Program
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM 8:00 AM - 5:00 PMClosed Today Closed Today
- Therapeutic meal support
- Medical and psychiatric monitoring
- Parent education groups
- Evidence-based group psychotherapy
- Family and individual therapy
About MUSC Children's Health Eating Disorders Program 261 Calhoun St
The Friedman Center for Eating Disorders is the only program in South Carolina to offer family based treatment – often called the Maudsley approach – for children, adolescents and young adults with eating disorders. Our objective is to empower families to play a key role in their loved one’s treatment. The team of multidisciplinary professionals at the Friedman Center offers support to families by providing them with the necessary skills and tools to help their child regain health and maintain recovery. It is difficult when your child is unhappy, isolated and not able to live life to the fullest. Our team of eating disorder specialists collaborates to create comprehensive, personalized, family-based care plans to guide your family and your son or daughter to get back to a normal, healthy way of life.
Other Specialties at this Location
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
Insurance plans vary by individual. Please contact your insurance provider to check your coverage.
Careers at MUSC Health
Join the team that’s changing what’s possible in health care. Explore our job openings across the state of South Carolina. Both clinical and non-clinical positions are available. Don’t wait - take the next step in your career today!
Get Vaccinated Today
Have you gotten your vaccine yet? COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective at preventing severe infection. Find a vaccination clinic near you.